March 29, 2010 - subTEXT

Yeah, it really has been almost since a month since I bought some books or finished reading one I haven't already been through. It's that kind of semester, that kind of workload. Sadder for me than for you, no doubt, but I'm just saying!

A few finds at subTEXT when I was over for lunch yesterday, though:
  • Timothy Corrigan, A Short Guide to Writing about Film ($5, prep for the course I'm co-teaching next spring - "The Environmental Gaze: Literature, Film, Theory")
  • ed. Philip C. Dolce, Suburbia: The American Dream and Dilemma ($2 for this dated [1976] but fascinating little volume)
  • sel. Michael Redhill, Blues & True Concussions: Six New Toronto Poets ($5 because a 1996 collection isn't really "new," though it's a good bunch: Christian Bok, Kevin Connolly, Laura Lush, Esta Spalding, R.M. Vaughan, Eddy Yanofsky), and
  • Gary Snyder, He Who Hunted Birds in His Father's Village: The Dimensions of a Haida Myth ($10, for a book I've meant for a long time to pick up)

Comments

Popular Posts