After a pause (again)

So anyway....

Since the fall of 2016, I've let this blog slide. The look and feel have long been in serious need of a reboot, since it's not 2008, and this dissatisfaction is part of what's behind my slothfulness. The thing is, I don't have the energy to look into alternatives, which would be fine if that's all that kept me to only four posts in 2017. Instead, I just don't have the energy anymore for much of anything else non-essential, and that's a problem.

Where some time goes...
(Somehow I've tricked myself into thinking that my twitters deserve energy. Wrong, but I don't have an exit or management strategy. Suggestions welcome. Honestly, I kind of wish they were as monstrous with their data jiggery-pokery as Facebook was, because then I'd just leave....)

I need to write a higher volume of words, for three reasons I can think of. First, it'll help keep me sympathizing materially with my writing students, who are legion. Second, I need to keep myself honest by thinking in writing about whatever I'm reading, so that I'm actually thinking. Third, it's good to keep an eye on who you are, and writing helps me with that. Even if no one reads these post (and the stats, well: hello, Theresa, Doug, and Fiona!), I'm just a better person if I'm writing here, so I'm hoping to get back to my pattern of around once weekly.

And if you're new here, welcome! Here are some things you might check out:

See you all around!

Comments

Popular Posts