August 8 - UVic

Two stops here at the university today. I went into the main bookstore to find someone to talk to about selling books at a conference on-campus, and I found Steve Jones' Coral: A Pessimist in Paradise for $2.99 on the Hurt Penguins table ("an inspired, eclectic book that links science with history, literature, politics and myth").

After a chat I crossed the road to subTEXT, where I found three good'uns:
  • Thomas R. Berger's Northern Frontier, Northern Homeland: The Report of the Mackenzie Valley Pipeline Inquiry ($5, but an immensely important book)
  • N Scott Momaday's Pulitzer-winning House Made of Dawn ($5), which should long have been on my shelves, and
  • Charles GD Roberts' Kindred of the Wild ($4), nature stories first published in 1902

Comments

Popular Posts