October 14 - two stops

First off, a garage sale not far from home had a really nice selection of local books. They were asking a lot for the good ones, but I asked if I might talk to them another day if some of them were left over. I took only:
  • Gilean Douglas, Silence Is My Homeland: Life on Teal River ($1.50) and
  • British Columbia Official Centennial Record: 1858-1958, A Century to Celebrate ($2.50)
I was belatedly introduced to Gilean Douglas only this summer, by a professor visiting from Masaryk University in Brno, in the Czech Republic. I've had my eye out for Douglas ever since, so I'm pleased to make her acquaintance.

Later, at Tanner's in Sidney, I picked up Terry Glavin's A Death Feast in Dimlahamid ($16), which has been expanded since its first edition to discuss the Delgamuukw decision. He's a hell of a writer, and I'm pleased to add this one to my Glavin collection.

Comments

Popular Posts