March 1 - Value Village

I didn't mean to - but honestly, they were ALREADY sitting in a stack in the books area, on a table. How could I leave them there? It's as if I'd been there ahead of myself to save myself some browsing time:
  • Terry Glavin, Dead Reckoning: Confronting the Crisis in Pacific Fisheries ($3.99 - he's been mentioned here on occasion)
  • Eric Higgs, Nature by Design: People, Natural Process, and Ecological Restoration ($3.99 - a UVic prof, and a darned good chap)
  • Francois Leydet, Time and the River Flowing: Grand Canyon (buy four, get one free - one of the classic 1960s Sierra Club text-heavy coffeetable books)
  • Peter Lovenheim, Portrait of a Burger as a Young Calf: The Story of One Man, Two Cows, and the Feeding of a Nation ($3.99)
  • Hugh W. McKervill, The Salmon People ($2.99 for the 25th Anniversary Edition)
Bizarre that someone else was going to buy exactly these books....

Comments

Popular Posts