May 27 - Hornby "free store"
I lifted a few books today from the capacious shelves of the Hornby Island free store, conveniently located at the island's fiercely communal recycling centre (complete with $30,000 outhouse, I kid you not). Two will be left at the B&B:
- Randy Ray & Mark Kearney, The Great Canadian Trivia Book 2
- Gordon Payne, Against Architecture: An Installation (it deserves to stay, since this artist lives on Hornby)
- Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
- Barbara Kingsolver, The Poisonwood Bible
- Patrick Suskind, Perfume
- ed. Ian Katz, The Guardian Year, 2001