Book club: the prequel

It went really well! Beer was drunk (as was I), personalities were exhibited, surprising connections between lives were uncovered, and I think we'll find plenty to talk about next time.

The first book will be Terence Young's After Goodlake's, a novel set right here in Victoria and that I bought just yesterday at Coles in the Bay Centre for the princely sum of $5.99. I've bought some of his wife Patricia Young's poetry books at full price, so hopefully that counts for something. (His very good short story collection, Rhymes with Useless, I picked up cheaply some time ago....)

Oh, and one of our members won't be there next time because he'll be running 150 miles in six days that week across -- and there's no other way to put this properly -- the fucking Gobi Desert.

Comments

Popular Posts